Fall is officially here, which means it is time to pack up all of your summer clothes and send them off to storage, right? Think again! Why not find a way to reinvent your summer items by pairing them with the items that are already in your closet? We took at look at the items that are trending this week in your wardrobes to show you how you can use these pieces to help you transition your favorite summer staples into fall.
1. Skin tight summer dresses are the perfect pieces for layering. Layer the always-popular oversized sweater over a tight fitting dress to create a whole new silhouette. On a warmer fall day, you can layer a lace top over it for an entirely new look.
2. Don’t throw out your daisy dukes just yet! Denim shorts continued to be a wardrobe stable among Stylitics users into last week. As the weather cools down, try wearing tights underneath them for a chic look. Feeling adventurous? Experiment with a pair of brightly colored or lace tights.
3. A maxi skirt should be your go-to item this fall. Tuck a tank top into your favorite maxi skirt, layer a denim jacket on top, and add a necklace. In just seconds, you will look polished and put together. For added warmth and that unexpected pop of color, try layering a button down shirt underneath.
4. Your favorite summer dress + tights = your new best friend. The beauty about this style tip is that it works with a variety of dress styles and will nearly double your fall wardrobe! Add a fabulous pair of pumps to complete this look from head to toe.
5. Wondering what to do with those flowy summer dresses? Three words: accessorize, accessorize, accessorize! Cardigans were the 3rd most popular item this week, so why not layer one over a flowy summer dress? Complete this look by adding fun accessories – think a wrist full of bracelets or layered necklaces.
What are your favorite tips for transitioning summer staples into fall? Tell us in the comments!